Green / sustainable countryside & productive agriculture and innovation
The second regional event took place on November 25, 2015 in The Hague. This initiative of ELO, Syngenta and Federatie Particulier Grondbezit, supported by Forum partners: Deutz-Fahr and YARA gathered stakeholders representing landowners and land managers, scientist, environmentalists as well as local and national authorities.
The first panel on “Green/Sustainable Countryside” emphasised the discussion about the CAP reform, as European citizens expect more “green” outcomes to be present in the countryside. Key agro-economic and political trends and challenges were also tackled.
The second panel on “Productive Agriculture and Innovation” focused on new technologies and adaptation of existing ones and how farmers and land managers need a different kind of knowledge. How accessible are these technologies for farmers and what about practice were at the core of the debate which followed.
Videos from this event
Summaries from this event
Nov 25, 2015
Maurits van den Wall Bake, Federatie Particulier Grondbezit
Panel 1: Green/Sustainable Countryside
– Keynote Speech, Walter Kooij, Director Stichting Collectief Agrarisch Natuurbeheer (SCAN)
– “A practical experience of Dutch estate management”, Frans van Verschuer, FPG landowner
– Pierre-Olivier Drege, ELO representative
– Q&A session
Moderator: Christoph Büren, ELO President
Panel 2: Productive Agriculture and Innovation
– Keynote Speech, Michiel Berkelmans, Director for Agriculture and Nature knowledge, Ministry of Economic Affairs
– Michael Kester, Managing Director Syngenta Benelux
– “Precision crop nutrition: opportunities and challenges”, Winfried Raijmakers, Commercial
– Technical Manager YARA Benelux
– “Precision Farming: supporting sustainable agriculture” Wilko Jilissen, Same Deutz-Fahr, IJK&
– Benelux CEO
– Q&A session
Moderator: Thierry de l’Escaille, ELO Secretary General