Meeting the Food & Environmental Challenge
The regional conference of the Forum for the Future of Agriculture took place for the first time in Czech Republic. The conference itself took place in the Chateau Karlova Koruna in Chlumec nad Cidlinou with green NGOs, the agro-industry and private landowners in attendance, as well as representatives from the several stakeholder groups, including the younger generation with Young Friends of the Countryside. High level speakers and more than 100 participants contributed to the debate structured in three panels.
Videos from this event
Summaries from this event
Sep 13, 2012
Departure from Mandarin Hotel by bus towards Chlumec nad Cidlinou
Registration & Coffee
- Ing. Petr BENDL, Minister of Agriculture of the Czech Republic (tbc)
Introduction and latest updates on the FFA 2012,
- Thierry de l’ ESCAILLE, Secretary General, European Landowners’ Organization
Session I- CAP post-2013: how does it contribute to sustainable intensification?
- Prof. Allan BUCKWELL, Adviser on CAP for ELO
- Representative of the European Commission, DG AGRI (tbc)
- Ing. Jaroslav PRAŽAN, Head of the Department for Rural Development (UZEI)
- Ing. Josef STEHLIK, President, Czech Association of Private Farmers (ASZ)
- Ing. Michal POSPIŠIL, President, Czech Landowners’ Organization (SVP)
Moderator: Dr. Constantin KINSKÝ, member of Friends of the Countryside and land manager
Panel II: Maintaining and enhancing biodiversity in the farmed and forested landscape
- Dr. Tomáš CHALUPA, Czech Minister for Environment
- Representative of the Lithuanian Private Farmers Association (tbc)
- Representative from the Czech Agency for Nature Conservation and Landscape Protection (AOPK) (tbc)
- Dr. Ing. Petr MARADA, Mendel University of Brno, Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Engineering
- Ing. Stanislav JANSKÝ, Vice – Chairman of the Czech Private Foresters Association, (SVOL)
Moderator: Dr. Ing. Antonín BUČEK, Mendel University of Brno, Department of Forest Botany, Dendrology and Geobiocoenology.
Q&A and debate
Coffee & Snacks Break
Panel III: Greening in practice: experience and future challenges in the Czech Republic rural areas
- Ing. Václav ZÁMEČNĺK, Czech society for Ornithology (ČSO)
- Ing. Jan PEŠOUT, private landowner:
- Dr. Hans Theo JACHMANN, President, Syngenta Germany
Moderator: Thierry de l’ ESCAILLE, Secretary General European Landowners’ Organization (ELO)
Afternoon program with field visit to the pollinator strips implemented on the property of the company Kinsky dal Borgo a.s.
Departure for Prague